Kathy Copeland | Craig Copeland
hikingcamping.com, inc. Mar 25, 2015
Sports & Recreation / Hiking / Travel / Canada - Western Provinces (AB, BC) / Special Interest - Hikes & Walks
10 x 8 x 3 inches
Comes in hardcover zip case
Don't Waste Your Time in the Canadian Rockies: 7th Edition
Don’t Waste Your Time in the Canadian Rockies—The Opinionated Hiking Guide ensures you invest your precious hiking days wisely, for maximum reward.
A lively, stimulating departure from the dull-guidebook tradition, it dazzles with 560 colour photos, and a graphic, easy-to-read map for each hike. And this meticulous, 677-page opus is now ultralight gear. Take only the trail directions with you in the Fact booklet you choose. Leave the rest behind. Average trail weight: 2.3 oz (67g) per hike. Each of the 145 trips in Don’t Waste Your Time is rated Premier, Outstanding, Worthwhile, or Don’t Do. The book covers Banff, Jasper, Kootenay, Yoho and Waterton Lakes national parks, plus Mt. Robson and Mt. Assiniboine provincial parks. It includes 84 dayhikes, 41 backpack trips, and 20 shoulder-season trips.
• A zip-open, hardshell case holds the Opinion book and the nine Fact booklets.
• The Opinion book contains all the trip descriptions, and most of the photos. Use it at home, in the car, at the trailhead. It provides everything you need to know to choose your next hike. But leave it behind when you go hiking.
• The nine Fact booklets contain the trail directions, including the maps. Pack the one booklet you need, so you can refer to it while hiking.
• Trip descriptions in the Opinion book are insightful, engaging, inspiring. They illuminate each trail, empowering you to choose the optimal one for your interests, ability and mood. The authors’ discerning advice can boost a day on the trail from “hmm” to “Wow!”
• Trail directions in the Fact booklets are divided into By Vehicle and On Foot sections. The instructions are carefully crafted—precise, clear, complete—ensuring you spend your weekend or vacation striding instead of searching.